- This event has passed.
HudsonAlpha Conference on Immunogenomics – Oct 1-3
October 1, 2012 @ 12:00 am - October 3, 2012 @ 12:00 am
The first HudsonAlpha-Nature Conference on Immunogenomics will take place October 1-3, 2012, at The Jackson Center, in Huntsville, Alabama. This conference will bring together four areas to shape this emerging field: scientists in genomics and genetics, immunology, bioinformatics and methodology, and clinical research. We expect our invited talks to cover a range of topics:
- Large-scale immune sequencing projects of the repertoire of T- and B-cell diversity, and clinical implications
- Epigenetics and the immune system
- Developmental lineage of immune cells
- Genetic and environmental contributions to autoimmunity
- Drug development for autoimmune conditions
- Pharmacogenomics and the immune response
- Gene regulation and cell-type identity
- High-resolution transcriptome analyses
Throughout the conference, we will weave in applications and biomarker discovery talks, as well as venues for interaction between different specialist areas. We believe that education and discussion on use of high-throughput methods in immunogenomics, and planning for extension to clinical use, will advance this burgeoning area. We also believe community participation is crucial, and will be selecting a number of speakers from the applications received. For registration information, visit www.nature.com/natureconferences/haig2012/registration.html.