- This event has passed.
Workshops: Data Science Skills Series (Python) — Jan. 27 through April 6
January 27, 2016 @ 12:00 am - April 6, 2016 @ 12:00 am
CSCAR will offer a series of workshops on data science skills using Python. The workshops will be held in the Earl Lewis room in the Rackham building. All workshops will take place on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-5. The workshops are free and no registration is necessary.
- January 27: Data management with Pandas
- February 10: Graphics and data visualization with Matplotlib and Bokeh
- February 24: Basic statistical analysis with Statsmodels
- March 9: Sklearn for predictive analysis and data exploration
- March 23: Advanced regression analysis (GEE, mixed models and multiple imputation) with Statsmodels
- April 6: Survival analysis with Statsmodels
Additional workshops will be scheduled on the following topics, dates to be announced:
- Geospatial analysis
- Building and accessing databases
- MPI, parallel, and distributed computing
Class material will be posted on the series website.