Travel grant applications are due April 28 for attendance at the XSEDE14 Student Program, Jul 13-18 in Atlanta, Georgia. The 2014 XSEDE conference will showcase the discoveries, innovations, and achievements of those who use, build, and support XSEDE resources and services, as well as those involved in related digital resources endeavors around the world. The theme of XSEDE14 is Engaging Communities, to engage both traditional users of digital resources and people who have not traditionally used digital resources but would benefit from their usage. From experts in the field, to people who are novices in the applications of digital resources, the XSEDE14 Conference will provide a range of formal and informal opportunities for people to interact and address their diverse needs and interests.
What is the XSEDE14 Student Program?
The student program encompasses all of the student-focused sessions and events at the conference. We invite students in any discipline who are interested in learning how digital resources can be used to further their research or career goals to participate. Here are some highlights from the planned
- A team-based modeling & simulation challenge.
- Career focused activities, including a keynote speaker from Proctor and Gamble, a panel discussion with professionals who use or provide digital resources every day and a job fair.
- Conference orientation dinner with mentors from the XSEDE community.
- Student paper and student poster tracks with best student paper and poster awards.
- Student travel, lodging and registration grants, apply here.
- Student volunteer opportunities.
To apply for a travel grant, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5J7JMY3 For more information, please visit https://www.xsede.org/web/conference/xsede14.