- Please note that attendance at this workshop session is limited to University of Michigan students, faculty, and staff only. This is due to restricted building access. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- COURSE AGENDA
- This workshop provides an introduction to Big Data and will cover topics including Hadoop, Spark, Tensorflow, and Machine Learning, as well as a primer on XSEDE’s Bridges Big Data platform. Hands-on exercises will be provided. Please see https://portal.xsede.org/course-calendar/-/training-user/class/580 for a detailed agenda.
Please note registration closes at 9 AM on Monday, February 5.
- COURSE PREPARATION
You will need to bring a laptop to the workshop. There are no computers provided in the conference room.
You will need an ssh client to connect to a remote cluster in order to participate in the course exercises. Mac OS X and Linux platforms have this built-in. Here are a couple of choices for Windows platforms:
- Download and install U-M PuTTY/WinSCP from the Compute at the U website. This includes both the PuTTY ssh client and terminal emulator and a graphical file transfer tool in one installer.
- Download and install PuTTY directly from the developer.
Please download and install these tools before class begins.
- Room 4010 Nuclear Engineering Laboratory Building
- (Harold N Cohn Conference Room)
- 2301 Bonisteel Blvd
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- These directions are a bit more tortuous than you might expect. It’s a good idea to review them before making the journey on Wednesday morning.
Please do not bring food or drink into the conference room. There is a very strict no food or drinks policy. The only thing that is allowed is water in a closed container, like a water bottle.
Restrooms are outside the conference room, down the hall on the right.